Thursday, June 9, 2011

RidEOn A gloomy rainy day!

Here in Japan June and July are great months.
Usually full of heavy monsoon storms of hard rain and heavy humid weather in the range of 25-30 degrees and up.
Due to the high humidity we sweat like monkeys looking for bananas on an apple tree!
The weather is very irregular and sometimes very fun!
This Sunday and Tuesday we had an unexpected break of cool humid temperatures along side some off and on sculls of heavy rain.
I slipped 2 times in this video smashing my precious jewels to a ripe blue.
hhhhaahhhahhhahhaha

The video was black on my computer and I had to try really hard to create a clear image of what looks like some crazy colors!
RideOn and please enjoy!


Gloomy Flow from Nicholas Poetker on Vimeo.
Sunday and Tuesday!
Rainy cloudy FR fun!

RidEOn!



file:///Users/nicholas/Pictures/Photo%20Booth/iPhoto%20Library/Previews/2011/05/19/20110519-212017/P1000511.JPG



After taking close consideration to the words Raw footage like in Manny's recent video.
I came to an awaking  of new ideas.
The phrase raw footage has many meanings.
For me it means footage directly out of the camera in its raw form.
Well I edited some clips and added color like I always do and edited them together.
Then I took the same clips and put them side by side with no color enhancement what so ever.
You can see the difference between the 2 and the enhanced colors that usually bring my videos alive.
I came up with a big surprising difference between the 2 different states!




Gopro color test! from Nicholas Poetker on Vimeo.
This is a test between the raw filmed color on my Gopro HD and then the same edited footage saturated with color.

Editing software is the standard I-movie on the MacBook computer!

RidOEn!


The raw footage comes out kind of gray and the edited colored footage looks alive!
Well, I don't know your editing programs ins and outs but,  if you can change the color or saturation  the flick  then it just might be beneficial to your video in raw or edited state as well!


RideOn my friends of 2 wheeled contraptions!
NikoNiko! 



3 comments:

Manny said...

Surprising how the GoPro footage can be manipulated. Thank you Niko for your creative experiment, the Gloomy Flow video is really cool. RideOn!

Água Retorta said...

Awseome video brother...there's a big diference between the raw and edited video...unfortunetly, my editing program does not saturate clour like yours do...shame man...beautifull colour!

RideOn!

RideOn World Tour said...

The gopro is awesome and can be better with just a simple color saturation.
Thank you Manny the Gloomy flow was hard to edit as under the trees on a rainy day was really dark almost like dusk.
It was even had for us to ride and lots of footage was to black to edit.

Ricardo Im sorry your program does not have a color contrast effect but,
You videos come out great so, your program must adjust it simply as you edit it.
My program comes out very bland and so does gumballs but as I can change the color scheme it works out good!

RidEOn!