Saturday, January 29, 2011

#30 minutes of Laputa!

On friday I had a little time in the afternoon!
 So, I headed out to LaPuta!
With only about 30minutes to ride I mounted the chest cam and started riding!
-The guy in the beginning is my brother in-law. He is responsible for getting me into biking.
When I first came to Japan he said " hey man let get a mountain bike and go riding".
 So, I got a 100dollar bike from the local HomeCenter and I was off!
 Well, he was very disappointed as he wanted to get a real bike!
But, we rode our 100dollar bikes together for about 2and a half months before I totally destroyed the bike!
 However, during that time I picked up a sense of joy.
The fire was lit and we both purchased our first bikes together.
We both go the same GT i-drive 4.0 2002 model.
Very close to Ricardos new GT just a much older model! With only 135mm of rear travel. hahaha.
 Well, to make a long story short, he stopped riding after a huge crash.
Coming down the DH run from my last video (icy wind) he ran into a chain blocking the road and flew off the bike landing on he head.
He was knocked into oblivion and there was blood everywhere.
He stopped riding and I continued on and progressed into the rider I am today!
 RideOn!

Nicardo!









1-28-11 Laputa from Nicholas Poetker on Vimeo.
RideOn











RidEOn!

3 comments:

Manny said...

Thank you for telling us the story of how you and your brother-in-law got into mountain biking, although it's still kind of sad to read about his big crash, even after so many years. The chest cam works great, but it needs a bit of imagination to appreciate all the air time you get on the LaPuta trail. The blue mask at the end is hilarious! RideOn!

Ricardo said...

Sad to hear about your brother in law's story Niko :(

Wow you had a GT to? I remember those eraly models! They were awesome!

You've turned into a pro rider my brother, I'm very proud to see your videos and to be your friend!

RideOn!

Nicardo

RideOn World Tour said...

Thank you Ricardo and Manny!

Its sad to say he doesnt ride any more but its cool I still get his support!
Manny the chest cam is awesome and your right the air time just isn't visible. All in all a cool little ride!

Yes, Ricardo my first bike was the GT. It cracked in half from too many drops! hahahha , I still have the replacement frame!
I would love to build her up again as a tough AM bike!

I dont think Im any where close to being a pro but, Im proud to be a part of the RideOn club!
RideOn brothers!

Nicardo!